Imagine taking your love of scrapbooking to a whole new level by sharing it with others. You will be invited by friends, new and old, to come into their homes and show them how to create beautiful scrapbook pages filled with their photos and memories. Both beginner and experienced scrapbookers will love this time of fellowship with their new scrapping friends. You won’t be a salesperson to them, but their scrapbook instructor, helping them preserve their family history for generations to come. If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, keep reading!
Starting a home scrapbook business is a very important decision. Here are some basic things to consider. A home-based scrapbook business is one you run from your own home. In many cases, these types of businesses are done by direct sales or party plan scrapbook consultants.
Being a scrapbook consultant comes with its challenges. Consider the following before jumping headfirst into a home scrapbook consultant business:
1. Do you like to teach others? If you are not good at showing others how to scrapbook, this business will be a challenge.
2. Are you willing to give up weeknights with your family to build a business? Most party plan scrapbook consultants host their shows on weeknights, with an occasional weekend crop or event. If your family time is at a minimum, being pulled away to do parties may strain your family more than you want.
3. Are you passionate about scrapbooking? Your love for scrapbooking will rub off on the customers you come in contact with. If you don’t love the craft, it will make your job much more difficult.
How you answer these 3 questions will guide you on whether you are a good candidate for starting a home scrapbook business.
Now, if you’re ready to move forward and start a home scrapbook, there are several companies to choose from. So how can you tell which one is best for you?
1. Do you like their products? If you don’t like the products the company offers to sell, it will be difficult or impossible to make any money selling them as a business.
2. Do they offer competitive compensation and a consultant discount plan? Each company’s approach to compensation and discounts is going to be a little different, so writing everything down to compare them as evenly as possible is a must! Keep in mind that some companies let you earn commissions on others you recruit, while others pay a one-time bonus. Think about what you want out of the business. If you like leading others and want to build a team, look for one that is multi-level.
3. What are their consultant requirements? Some companies have very low requirements. I know of one that only requires one order per year! Others, like some of the more established scrapbook companies, require their scrapbook consultants to place several large orders per year. And there are many companies somewhere in between. Consider your financial situation and your drive to succeed and find a company that is the best fit.
These answers will help guide you to a company that may be a good one for you. Then, contact several scrapbook consultants. Ask them for a catalog, some consultant information, and any product samples they might have. Someone serious about their business should be willing to send you a small sample of the products.
Also, be sure to ask them what they like and dislike about their company. Now, you might not get any negative answers, but it can’t hurt to ask.
Some people go straight to the top and call the company they’re interested in and ask to get in touch with their top consultants. Top consultants didn’t get to where they are by accident. These people will likely be the best people to learn the business under and might be more willing to provide any training you might need.
Once you do your research, you should be able to narrow it down to one or two companies. I would go for the one whose product you like most. After all, it is all about the products.
The best part about sharing your love of this art form is that customers will pay you to do this! Think of how much satisfaction you will receive by helping others doing something you already love.
✅ Others Are Reading...