The big 50. The fiftieth wedding anniversary is an important, yet seldom reached milestone in any couple’s relationship. Unlike other anniversaries, this one is such a ‘biggie’ that other people can feel free to celebrate it too (with the happy couple’s consent, of course). Traditionally, this is the ‘golden wedding’, and if you are into flowers, the violet is the main theme. Typically, the kids will want to take the celebrating parents out for a nice meal, but gifts too can be given. Remember that it is not the value of the gift that is important, it is the thought that went into it!
So what to give? Depending on budget, how about one of the following:-
* A photo of the couple in a gilt (gold) frame.
* Get a painting done from a photo of the couple – these are not as expensive as you might think. you can even do a version yourself by scanning a photo into your PC and then using the ‘Art’ filters in your paint package to turn it into a work of art.
* If you have more than one photo, you could create a scrapbook of them for your folks, bound up in silk ribbon.
* Nice wines or gift baskets containing the things they love (especially if they are on a diet – today is not a day for being strict with yourself!)
* If money is no object, how about a weekend break? You can get some nice ‘getaway’ cruises of city breaks quite cheaply nowadays. Just make sure they can still travel!
* Do they have major hobbies? Bird spotting? How about some new lightweight binoculars? Golf? How about some new clubs or a set of top of the range balls?
* If they are fans of a charity, see if you can make a donation in their name. It is possible to sponsor rare animals these days, and the WWF will happily send you details if you ask.
* AVOID trying to help them directly in a financial sense, the chances are that no matter how much they would like money, they would prefer to keep their dignity more.
* AVOID ‘gift certificates’. This implies that you know they have interests, but can’t be bothered to do anything about them.
* AVOID trying to ‘muscle in’ on their big day. You might think it will show love to try and organize everything, cook the food personally etc, but believe you me, at this age, they need their space, and will appreciate straight gifts or restaurant treats far a more. Never outstay your welcome – they don’t have as much stamina as they used to!
❤️❤️ All Crafters Have Recommended These Must-Haves Items. If You Don’t Want To Miss It, Click To Explore More!! ❤️❤️
✅ Others Are Reading...